Monday, August 8, 2011

Auto Electronics component?

This was in my prizm's radio wiring I believe added to an additional circuit/fuseblock a previous owner added. Wiring was a mess, and i just removed all that I could when cleaning out. Comes in a black plastic box, latched on 3 sides. Circuit board is rectangular, 2" L x 1" high, 2 notched grooves at each end. A yellow wire w/red stripes is soldered to the pos (2) positions on the board, nothing to the -. There's a small metal square surrounding a wax-wrapped coil I think? A wire foot on each side of the coil is soldered to the board, over what appears a rectangle printed on the board. The metal housing is soldered to pcb also. A 1A inline fuse was part of this also. Pcb 361910-0050 only # on it, metal housing has 0060 over T33 on the top (two lines). I tried finding it out, but google can only do so much. I seem to have gotten closest as a possible audio transformer? The car was wired for after market radio, plus cd changer in trunk. Cd changer not working, I did get a radio hooked up and running for a short bit, then it stopped working. Someone had 'bridged' speakers to run all 4 of one set or side's wiring. I know just enough to not shock myself, but all I was really asking is what this cojmponent is, I can go from there with that cleared up. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment