Thursday, August 11, 2011

What do I do about my horse? Please Help!?

I am an english rider but I know when a rider is having trouble sitting the canter, it means they are sitting incorrectly in the saddle. You want to grip with upper and lower legs and sink down into your heel. You also want to be sitting up tall and pulling your shoulders back because it will allow you sit center and balanced on your horse. If you are sitting correctly it will not feel as bumpy. When I bought my horse there was no way I could sit the canter. She was rough and bouncy. After months of hard work I learned how to ride softly so she could relax through her back. I have no idea what you western riders do, but I like to have contact with my horse. When I ride her softly in the bridle she becomes a lot more gentle. I can start sitting tall in my seat and she becomes a lot more pleasant to ride. When you ride a horse correctly it feels good for the horse and they start to go how they should be. Knowledge and experience does not come based on how long you have been riding. Someone who has taken two years of lessons is going to be more knowledgeable than someone who hacks their own horses at home. It would not hurt to find a trainer if you can! I guarantee they will help you a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment